Jardine Juniper

One beautiful September weekend, Brian, myself, and our startled feet, took a long walk up the Jardine Juniper trail- on the lookout for leaves of a different color.  It wasn't long before we spotted these lovely specimens of crimson, gold, and orange.




We also wanted to try out these awesome walking sticks that my dad made for us.  He started making these during his spare time in New Mexico.  The sticks are made from yucca.  They are light, straight, and perfect for hiking.


The famous Jardine Juniper.


This Juniper is approximately 1,500 years old.  Just to give you an idea of how old that is- fifteen hundred years ago Britain was entering into what has been called The Dark Ages. Also, a people known as the Maya were busy building pyramids and great cities.


Despite the gnarled and stark appearance of the Juniper, it is still alive.

Comments

Laura said…
As always, beautiful pictures. But I'll keep telling you they're beautiful as long as you keep taking them.
The Lymans said…
I agree! I miss being there for the fall. Seriously, makes me hate this place more and more. Luckily, I can enjoy fall through your lovely pictures!