Sunday Driving

It's cliche, but true.  Sunday's are made for long, lazy, rambling, drives.  Knowing our days of glorious, fall weather were numbered, we hopped in our car and just drove.  We began in Logan and ended up on the other side of the Wellsville Mountains.  Our first stop?  Garland.


Garland is the definition of a sleepy town.  Really.  The city park was empty except for us, three teenagers who were "being weird" (their words, not mine), and this tree.


Peaceful.  I could live in Garland.  How can you not love a town where teenagers say they are "being weird" because they were using the swings on the playground?  How quaint.

We then stopped to see the progress of the Ruby Pipeline.


This pipeline is being laid from Wyoming all the way to Oregon.  You can see a map of the project here.  It's kind of a big deal for folks who live in it's path.

Our next stop? Brigham City.


Brigham City brings with it all kinds of nostalgia.  This is the type of "big" town that I remember as a child.  You remember- the time before big box stores.  The time of specialized shops, one movie theater, local eateries, etc.

Whenever I am in a town like this, I feel like maybe we have lost something important.  Though, I'm not quite sure what it is.  Community, respect for craftsmanship, or maybe just a sense of time passing?  Whatever it is, I feel it and I miss it.
 

 



Our final stop?  Subway and Wal-mart.  Sad, but again, true.

Comments

The Lymans said…
You captured the moments perfectly. I love the Brigham pictures!
SheilaO said…
Exploring is so much fun!
Diana said…
Beautiful pictures! I wondered what that pipe was and where it was going when I drove up to the shower last weekend! Of course, I forgot to ask anybody when I was there!