Puppies & More

Due to a general under-the-weather health, Brian and I were unable to visit his family for the Christmas or New Year Holidays.  We finally made it down over Martin Luther King Day holiday weekend.  I'm glad we waited, because we were much better company.

I'm also glad, because my mother-in-law's Yorkie just had puppies!  We wouldn't have seen them if we had gone during the holidays.  She had two boys and a girl.  I honestly think Yorkies are the dog for people who don't like dogs (like me).  I love Jasmine and will hold her anytime-I just have to wash my hands immediately after!

 
We also took a nice leisurely walk around town on Sunday.  Please hold an intervention if I ever start to decorate my yard like this.

 
Fortunately, the decor on Main Street is a bit more tasteful.


My favorite part of the visit was a side road trip, to see a place I have named Eagle Grove.  On the day we visited this beautiful place, there were eight bald eagles and three golden eagles, with one more that flew in just after we left.  I counted twenty-two nests in all.  Amazing!

Click on photo for a larger view of the eagles.

This was also near Eagle Grove.


Comments

Lesa said…
Love the doggies! Also I would never let you decorate your yard like this... You have to give them credit though for creativity. Holy Eagles! Love you!
The Lymans said…
I think you've sold me on the yorkies. Now, we just need to talk Billy into it.
Beautiful pictures as always, you've got great taste to ever decorate your yard like that, and I need to check out Eagle Grove. Looks like fun! Miss you and am looking forward to your visit (hint, hint)