Giraffes are my favorite animal. I came to this decision the first time I saw one in the wild. Brian and I were living in Namibia at the time. On one of the drives from our host town to our training town, we passed a large open space where a couple of giraffes were eating and walking around. Though I only caught a glimpse, it was enough to convince me that these large, lanky animals were the best of all the animals.
So you can perhaps imagine my joy, when I was browsing my favorite craft blogs and saw this tutorial for a giraffe toy. I had to try it. There wasn't a pattern included in the tutorial, but fortunately, I live with someone who has a talent for drawing. Click here if you would like a copy of the drawing I used as my pattern.
I have to say, I love how this first one came out and will definitely make more. Unfortunately, this brings up every crafter's dilemma. Who do I give the "works of art" (substitute crap, stuff, junk) I lovingly make? Good question. Let's just say that some of you shouldn't be too surprised, if a giraffe toy shows up on your doorstep sometime soon...especially if your name is Lesa. ;)
So you can perhaps imagine my joy, when I was browsing my favorite craft blogs and saw this tutorial for a giraffe toy. I had to try it. There wasn't a pattern included in the tutorial, but fortunately, I live with someone who has a talent for drawing. Click here if you would like a copy of the drawing I used as my pattern.
I have to say, I love how this first one came out and will definitely make more. Unfortunately, this brings up every crafter's dilemma. Who do I give the "works of art" (substitute crap, stuff, junk) I lovingly make? Good question. Let's just say that some of you shouldn't be too surprised, if a giraffe toy shows up on your doorstep sometime soon...especially if your name is Lesa. ;)

Comments