Memorial Day. The unofficial start of summer. How is it that I, now well into my thirties, only just realized that Memorial Day was to honor those who have fallen in war? I think most people use it to honor all dead, or more likely, as an excuse to take a trip, visit family, or just relax on a nice three day weekend. I think this because I did all these things, this past Memorial Day.
First, it was my nephew Taylor's graduation from High School on Friday night. We drove through thick weekend, holiday, AND rush hour traffic to make it to his graduation. There is nothing like listening to a group of 18 year-old kids getting ready to launch themselves out into the world, with their fresh batch of idealism, to make you realize that some things never change. At 18 you think you can save the world. Who knows? Maybe one of them will.
In addition to visiting family, Brian and I took our usual, rambling walk around Moroni. Since spring came a bit later this year, things were still blooming. I must admit that I love this small town. The quiet streets. The old, slowly decaying buildings, mixed in with the new. When you look closely, you can find details of it's pioneer beginnings.






Comments
Looks like a fabulous weekend!