This is old news by now to some, but for those who I haven't spoken to recently, here are the details as promised...
I had a plan:
1. Put house up for sale.
2. Keep working on it while it's on the market.
3. Look for an apartment or another house while it's on the market.
4. Sell home.
5. Move to new apartment or home.
I expected this plan would take about a year to be complete, especially in this market. Well, as my favorite Beatle said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
This is what actually happened.
July 25- Put house up for sale. (So far, things are going exactly as planned).
July 26- Clean house and get it ready for the first appointment. (We even spent 10 minutes in Wal-Mart spraying different air fresheners, trying to decide which scent was the most "homey". Apple Cinnamon, for those of you who are curious. It smells like Christmas.)
July 27- Receive an offer from the first person we showed it too. Yes, that's right, THE FIRST PERSON. (This is pretty much where the year time-line goes out the window.)
July 28- Accept offer. (We would have been crazy not to. They offered exactly what we were asking.)
Currently- I found an apartment and we will start moving in next week. We close on the 19th. I feel very fortunate to have this working out so well, if much more quickly than expected. I am very excited to see what consequences this choice will bring, good or bad. Sometimes you just need to shake things up and start living on purpose again.
I had a plan:
1. Put house up for sale.
2. Keep working on it while it's on the market.
3. Look for an apartment or another house while it's on the market.
4. Sell home.
5. Move to new apartment or home.
I expected this plan would take about a year to be complete, especially in this market. Well, as my favorite Beatle said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
This is what actually happened.
July 25- Put house up for sale. (So far, things are going exactly as planned).
July 26- Clean house and get it ready for the first appointment. (We even spent 10 minutes in Wal-Mart spraying different air fresheners, trying to decide which scent was the most "homey". Apple Cinnamon, for those of you who are curious. It smells like Christmas.)
July 27- Receive an offer from the first person we showed it too. Yes, that's right, THE FIRST PERSON. (This is pretty much where the year time-line goes out the window.)
July 28- Accept offer. (We would have been crazy not to. They offered exactly what we were asking.)
Currently- I found an apartment and we will start moving in next week. We close on the 19th. I feel very fortunate to have this working out so well, if much more quickly than expected. I am very excited to see what consequences this choice will bring, good or bad. Sometimes you just need to shake things up and start living on purpose again.
Comments
(ps. apple cinnamon is also my favorite.)