Happy

"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open."
~John Barrymore

I had this friend in college named Victor, who when I saw him, would ask this question, "Are you happy?"  He asked me this every single time I saw him and it drove me crazy.  "Yes," I would reply in frustration.  I couldn't decide if this was his way of saying hello, or if he thought I always looked upset.  Either way, I hated this question and avoided him whenever I could.  It wasn't until a long while later that I realized I hated his question because I was NOT happy.  I was fine, I was okay, but I was not happy.  I just didn't know I wasn't happy, until I was happy, then I realized that I hadn't been happy.

Well, I recently had this realization once again.  The moment the wheels were put into motion for selling our home, I have felt so very happy.  I feel a freedom I haven't felt in a long time.  The freedom to enjoy a sunset, take a walk, eat ice cream, sew, watch grasshoppers, make friends, and so much more.  I hope this feeling sticks around for a good, long while.

Oh, and Victor, wherever you are, yes, I AM HAPPY.  Thanks for asking. :)

Comments

The Lymans said…
I'm so glad you're happy! I remember you telling me how it drove you crazy when he asked you that! Wasn't he from Russia? I hope the feeling lasts you a long time!
Lesa said…
I am so glad that you are happy and we can't wait to see you next weekend!
Anonymous said…
You weren't? Could've fooled me. You are one of the most easy-going people I've known. You have a great outlook on things and are generous in your thoughts toward others. I'm glad you really feel happy right now.
Laura said…
So glad you're happy. How are those chair working out for you?
Karen said…
It's like when you're sick for a few days and then you suddenly start feeling better and you feel like you can conquer the world! It changes your perspective.

So glad you're happy Marsha!
Laura said…
I tried commenting on this last week, but we had some internet troubles. So happy you're happy, and that you recognize it.