Sewing for Me

I am the easiest person for me to sew things for.  I know what fabric I want, I know what things I need, and I am always happy to get what I make.  Take this purse for example.  Exactly what I wanted.


Now, I have a bit of confession to make.  I originally made the scarf below for my sister Sara, but then, I fell in love with it myself.   It was the perfect color.  It is extremely soft.  It matches my coat and the new purse I just made.  Also, look at all the ways you can wear it!


So, I kept it for me.  This is an untypically selfish thing for me to do.  However, I'm not a total rat.  I made one for her as well.  I did make hers in the exact same color, or I probably would have wanted to keep it too.

Comments

Cami said…
I like that you do four different things with your arms in the pictures with the scarves. I also like that the scarf is a loop- I've never seen that before.
Laura said…
I love them both so much - I totally would have kept the scarf as well. :) You look like a supermodel, and totally rock that scarf.
Kimberly said…
What an awesome scarf! I would like directions on how to make one. What kind of fabric did you use?
Kimberly said…
And I love the bag, too!
Marsha said…
Thanks you guys. Kim, it was actually one of my easiest sewing projects ever.

This tutorial is closest to the one I used:
http://hisforhandmade.blogspot.com/2010/10/infinity-scarf-tutorial.html

I didn't follow any of the size requirements. I just folded my fabric in half, so it was a long rectangle. My fabric was a spandex knit from JoAnns and 60" wide. I used about 7/8 of a yard.

There are a ton of other tutorials out there, if this one doesn't make sense(just do a search for either, infinity scarf or circle scarf).
Diana said…
Super cute! I'm excited because I happen to know that something I am getting for Christmas is a sewing machine, which I have wanted for years (thank you black Friday deals, and family members who actually enjoy going on for the event!)! So, I will probably be asking for tips, advice, etc in the near future. . .
Rachel said…
You look so very cosmopolitan. I too enjoy your 4 different poses. Did you plan that? Also I really like your hair. And the purse.
The Lymans said…
Man, I'm gonna have to make these because they are super cute! I don't know if it's actually the scarf that's cute or if it's the model that makes the scarf look cute :) Love it!