Crimson Trail

I hiked one of my favorite Logan Canyon trails this past weekend.


I like hiking the Crimson trail in the fall to see the changing of leaves, but now, I think spring may become my favorite time to hike it.  There were so many flowers and I have never seen so much green!


A view of the Wind Caves across the way.  See if you can spot it.


Looking toward the mouth of each canyon.


One of the first gifts Brian gave me was a drawing of me in this tree.  This is me trying to recreate the pose ten years later!


Here's to many more happy trails this summer!

Comments

Diana said…
What a fun hike! How hard of a trail is it? My goal this summer is to take my family hiking more, but given how young most of my kids are, I need fairly easy trails!
Marsha said…
Hey Diana,

It's not a difficult trail, but the bridge is currently out on both ends of the loop and there are quite a few long drops close to the trail if they are afraid of heights.

Maybe try the White Pine trail at Tony Grove. Or here is a website with lots of hikes in Logan Canyon. http://logancanyonhiking.com/tips.htm
Just click on the "trail area" below the title.
Laura said…
I love the crimson trail! I used to hike it all the time. I am wondering if I would still be up for it... since having a baby, my fear of heights has exponentially increased. The though of having a child up there makes me completely dizzy.

As a side note, we got an awesome package in the mail today...
Cami said…
Peter and I had our first "date" hiking the Crimson Trail. That's also where we got engaged. It was snowy that time, and he dropped the ring. Fond memories.
Kimberly said…
I haven't done this hike before, but have always heard great things about it. Maybe I'll give it a try this summer!