Just after Thanksgiving, I came across this tutorial for a fabric dollhouse. I immediately wanted to make them for my cute nieces, for Christmas. Although I started making these 3 weeks in advance, it took the entire 3 weeks to finish them (I completed the last touches on them at 10:00 the night before our family party!).
Back view and front view:
First pic below, is of the inside (table, chairs, recliner, fridge, pond, and path). Bottom pic shows the ponies that went to each house. I got ponies because I thought the ponies would lead to more imaginative play than people.
In every project there comes a point when you ask yourself if the amount of work that goes into it is going to be worth the enjoyment that the other person will get out of it. I thought I had gone past that point with these, until I gave them to the girls. There was a moment when one of my nieces came over and pointed out with delight, all the little details I had slaved over, "This is a little bird, this is flowers, this is a ladybug, this is a tree, etc." That was the moment that totally made it worth the long nights.
Back view and front view:
First pic below, is of the inside (table, chairs, recliner, fridge, pond, and path). Bottom pic shows the ponies that went to each house. I got ponies because I thought the ponies would lead to more imaginative play than people.
In every project there comes a point when you ask yourself if the amount of work that goes into it is going to be worth the enjoyment that the other person will get out of it. I thought I had gone past that point with these, until I gave them to the girls. There was a moment when one of my nieces came over and pointed out with delight, all the little details I had slaved over, "This is a little bird, this is flowers, this is a ladybug, this is a tree, etc." That was the moment that totally made it worth the long nights.


Comments