White Pine

"I dream of hiking into my old age." -Marlyn Doan

Another day, another hike.  This time to White Pine Lake for Pioneer Day.  It's tradition.


I took pictures of wildflowers (of course).


Sorry, but 'tis the season for wildflowers and if I'm ever going to learn them, I've got to practice seeing them up close.  I guess it doesn't follow that I have to post them...


The picture below is of the Western Coneflower.  I have seen this flower before and always thought I had missed the "bloom" on this one but it turns out this IS the bloom.  I think it may be my new favorite flower.


I'm pretty sure the purple blooms in the next photo are a type of "Fleabane".  My wildflower book says "Aspen Fleabane" but one thing I'm learning about identifying flowers is that there seems to be more than one name for everything. Sigh.


FYI- Flowers aren't the only thing I'm taking pictures of.  I'm still oftly fond of trees.

Comments

Kimberly said…
Beautiful, Marsha!