It has been over six months since my last hike. That statement feels like a confession, but seriously, I have friends that have been camping and hiking for months and I didn't get out for my first hike until June 1st! Sad, just sad, but get out I finally did. I choose the good old, trusty Wind Cave trail to break my hiking lull.
Although hiking is one my favorite activities, I always have to remind myself of a few things on that first hike. First, I remind myself how much I love the sweeping views...
and the delightful details.
This hike, I also remember my fear of heights...or the fear of falling from them, actually.
I had a small panic attack right about here and almost decided to crawl the rest of the way, but I didn't and I made it.
Finally, I remember to take the time to sit back and enjoy the view.
Now I just need to remember, not to let it be so long between hikes.
Although hiking is one my favorite activities, I always have to remind myself of a few things on that first hike. First, I remind myself how much I love the sweeping views...
and the delightful details.
This hike, I also remember my fear of heights...or the fear of falling from them, actually.
I had a small panic attack right about here and almost decided to crawl the rest of the way, but I didn't and I made it.
Finally, I remember to take the time to sit back and enjoy the view.
Now I just need to remember, not to let it be so long between hikes.


Comments