Paris

 “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” 
-Martin Buber

Last week Brian and I went to Paris...um, Paris, Idaho that is.  It was a purely spontaneous decision.  We actually only intended to drive through Logan Canyon, turn around at Bear Lake, and come back home.  Instead we ended up driving all the way to Soda Springs and looping back down through Preston.  It was quite a drive and we paid dearly for it...in gas.  However, we did find this gem along our way:


This is the tabernacle in Paris, Idaho.  It was built around 1889.  Whenever I come across an old building such as this, I get a feeling of wonder.  It's exciting and humbling to think that this building was here before me and will most likely be here long after I am gone.


Comments

Lesa said…
That is a gorgeous building and I LOVE old buildings!
Cami said…
I suspect that tower has it's very own deformed hunchaback. What a great find (and great photos)!
SheilaO said…
That's one of my most favorite buildings. It has so much character.
Anonymous said…
I was gonna say...! And that is a beautiful building.