Where has this been all my life?

When I don't have time to do my hair (read: actually, just don't want to do my hair), I like to put my hair in a bun.  However, I've never liked how messy my buns look.  I have a hard time getting all my hair twisted into the bun and ugly ends stick out everywhere.  I try to pin it, but then my pins just end up sticking out too.

So, when I saw this bun while browsing Pinterest AND that it had a tutorial, I had to try it.


I have to say I love how it looks and can't even imagine going back to the old twist and pin method.  It's like I've been let into a secret girl's club for perfect, big buns.

To watch the tutorial on how to make a sock bun (or as I prefer to call it "bun doughnut", click here or here.  (Just a note that I did not listen to this tutorial, just watched.  So, I have no idea how helpful/annoying her instructions are.)  Hope it works for you too!

Comments

The Lymans said…
Beautiful! Tried to watch the video, but it's a no go here. I like it, though!
Cami said…
I used a sock method for Bryn's Princess Leia buns on Halloween. I never thought to try it in a single bun. Brilliant.
Marsha said…
Hey Lo, sorry you had trouble with the video. The link is working for me, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Just type 'sock bun' into Google and you'll find plenty of links.
Rachel said…
I wish I had enough hair to pull this off. Sheer genius.
Karen said…
Awesome! It looks so good!
Melisa said…
I can't wait for my hair to grow long enough to try this.
Laura said…
I meant to comment on this sooner, but of course I had to watch about 90 of that woman's hair tips.