A Zoo Visit

When attending the zoo, there are a few things you can do to make it a pleasant experience for all.


First, be courteous to the animals. It is a privilege to see these animals and they should be shown respect.


Secondly, when viewing the animals try using your quiet voice, or better yet, no voice.  It may surprise you how close the animals will come when you are quiet.




Thirdly, please, please, please, refrain from taunting the animals to do something.  The zoo is not a circus.  When animals are lying around, they are doing something.  They are LYING AROUND.




Plan to attend the shows put on by the zoo.  Again, the zoo is not a circus, but there are learning experiences.  A few animals have been trained to entertain you AND enrich your knowledge of either themselves, or animals in general.


These are great opportunities to learn from them and watch them learn from each other.



Finally, watch out for dinosaurs.


Wait a minute.  What?!  Dinosaurs at the zoo?  Eek!   Where?


Enjoy your visit!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Egads! Dinosaurs? Thanks for the warning.
Rachel said…
You went to the zoo, AND you're wearing your cute new shirt, AND there were dinosaurs, AND you didn't call me?! I'm hurt. *exhales in a huff*

I can relate with that lying around bit, for sure.
Lesa said…
I would have totally gone to the zoo with you and I might have even brought Bri along for the ride too.