Simply Laura

There are people who come and go in your life.  Some seem to follow the hiker's guide and "leave no trace", while others roll around, stomp, and leave big old footprints right there on your heart.  Although Laura, as an actual hiker, is the first type, as a friend, she is definitely the second type.  To know her is to love her.  I mean it.

Laura is not afraid to be real.  What I mean by this is that what you see is what you get.  She shows her emotions, doesn't wear make-up (except for REALLY special occasions), can laugh at herself, and if she likes you, you know it.

Source: Laura's blog* mostly.

Laura is intelligent.  She is currently a grad student in Boston, MA.  She is so smart that I'm still not sure what she studies, but she explains it here.

Source: Laura's blog*

Laura is adventurous.  I would almost say crazy adventurous.  I have seen pictures of her biking in Moab that if I were Catholic, would have me saying Hail Marys and crossing myself furiously.  Somehow, she survives these trips, though not without a few bruises and cuts.  I will never join in on any of these crazy adventures of hers, but I will always admire her for them.

Source: Laura's blog*

What I'm trying to say, is that I really like her and since today is her birthday, I thought I would let her know.

Happy Birthday Laura!

Source: Laura's blog*

*I had to "borrow" these photos for this post (mostly from her blog) because although I have millions-yes millions- of photos of Laura and I, alas, none are digital. 

Comments

Kimberly said…
Marsha, you've captured Laura beautifully! She really is that great! Happy Birthday, La!
Laura said…
Marsha, thank you for making me sound way cooler than I actually am. This post is such a lovely birthday present for me. Love you!
Cami said…
I like Laura, too. Nice post! And I'd love to see some of your millions of pitures of Laura- take a picture of them. :)