Last night as I drifted off to sleep, this poem I learned on the bus in middle school popped into my head.
"Pull up a chair, sit on the floor.
Let me tell you a true story, that never happened before.
Early one morning, late last night, two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back, they faced each other.
Drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and shot those two dead boys.
If you don't believe me, ask the blind man- he saw the whole thing."
I know there is more to this, but that was all I could remember. I think it begins, "Ladies and gents... Does anyone else remember this poem?
"Pull up a chair, sit on the floor.
Let me tell you a true story, that never happened before.
Early one morning, late last night, two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back, they faced each other.
Drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and shot those two dead boys.
If you don't believe me, ask the blind man- he saw the whole thing."
I know there is more to this, but that was all I could remember. I think it begins, "Ladies and gents... Does anyone else remember this poem?
Comments