I Ain't Missing You At All.

I had that dream again.  The one where I somehow found a way inside my old house.  I snoop around and just when I'm about to leave, the new owner pulls up.  I panic and try to figure out how I'm going to sneak out without being caught.  Sometimes I make it out unnoticed.  Most of the time I don't.  I usually wake up in a cold sweat.

It's been over a year since Brian and I sold our home.  That's right, we SOLD our home.  Our home didn't give US up, so why do I treat it like an ex?  I've even done the drive-by....just to see how it's holding up without me.  Does it look happier now?  Is it seeing anyone?  Did I do the right thing by leaving.  I know.  Weird.  I mean come on, it's been a year...I know I should move on...but we were together soooo long and had some great times.  A little curiosity is healthy, right?  Right?! 

Well, thanks to Google (got to love the Google), I was actually able to satisfy a bit of that curiosity. Check it out.  Our old house is a vacation rental?!  How absurd.

Comments

Kimberly said…
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with these kinds of dreams. I frequently dream about our former house - I've done it each time we've moved. And find myself inside somehow when the new owners show up. We should find a dream interpreter and figure out what our underlying issues are. :)
Laura said…
I have this dream every other night. In my dream, the new renters (yeah, we didn't even own our house) always find me in their house and want to know why I'm there.

I love that your new house is a vacation rental! Didn't you constantly feel like you were on vacation when you lived there???
Cami said…
Ha ha- maybe we'll rent it next time we're out. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm going to stay in my mother's basement like when I went to college.
Rachel said…
WOW. I'm nearly speechless. I must say though that the traveler reviews were quite impressive. And it IS a charming and rather adorable little house. Maybe next time in your dream, you'll run into some out-of-towners and you can show them around.