Isn't It a Bit of Luck

...that I was born a baby duck, with yellow socks and yellow shoes and I can go wherever I choose.  Quack, quack, quack, quack.  Go ducks!

This was an old camp song I learned while working as a counselor, in California.  If I was born a duck, I'd be questioning these lyrics right about now.



There are approximately 200 "lucky ducks" who stuck around Innovation Campus, for the winter. 


They travel back and forth in this icy pond (that grows and shrinks with the weather), searching for ANY morsel of food.


 

I don't know.  I think I, with my fridge full of food and a warm place to call home, am the "lucky duck".

Comments

Laura said…
Those are gorgeous photos. I know they are ubiquitous around those parts, but I love ducks.

Also... that looks so, incredibly cold. And beautiful.
Cami said…
I can't figure out the texture of the snow in the last picture- what makes it look like someone crumpled a bunch of papers and threw them on the ice?
Marsha said…
Laura, it WAS so cold. My fingers were frozen and most of my pictures were blurry.
Cami, I took a picture of the snow on the ice but it was one of the blurry ones. They are clumps of snow crystals. It was pretty cool.
Cami said…
That's awesome! I love when nature throws weird effects like that out there.