Brian and I had our 13th anniversary coming up and it also happened to be during a three-day weekend. So, being the nature lovers we are, we decided to head to Moab and spend time hiking at Arches National Park. I had been to Arches a couple of times previously, but always in the summer months and always as part of a larger trip. This time it got the attention it deserves.
Over 3 days we hiked 17 miles and saw 16 (named) arches, of which I have 0 pictures. I was sans camera this trip because I had let my mom borrow it for her trip to Hawaii. I did manage to take a few shots of the sandstone, with my phone, as the sun was setting on the second day of our trip.
The weather was much warmer than Logan but we still needed to wear a
jacket (but not coats!) on all hikes. A few hikes also had snow and ice
on them that made them more dangerous than they would be otherwise.
The hikes in Devils Garden especially had spots that needed laser-like
focus to keep oneself from peril!
I think this trip, the thing I enjoyed most was the long vistas. For example, this is the overlook at the Park Avenue trailhead.
And
this is the overlook at the Fiery Furnace trailhead. The contrast of
the snowy mountains and the desert rock is definitely a sight to behold
and so much better in person.
All in all, this trip was a success and one worth repeating. I am so lucky to live in a state with so many beautiful National Parks and also lucky to live with someone who likes to explore these beautiful places with me.
"Never go on trips with anyone you do not love." -Ernest Hemingway






Comments