Last week was quite slow at work so I decided it was a great time to take a couple of days off and visit ALL of my sisters. I also dragged my mom along with me.
This was a low-key visit, with a stop to visit Sara and my adorable niece Makayla.
A quick trip to Wheeler Historic Farm for an afternoon of petting animals, rock throwing, and feeding of ducks.
Wheeler Farm is a pretty neat place. If it had been a warmer day, I would have liked to stay longer and explore the grounds. I highly recommend a visit. It's mostly free, has a playground, large fields to run around in, and animals galore.
We also stopped by to see Trisha, after she got off work. Unfortunately, due to much animal petting and a general allergy to cats, my niece Sabrina's eyes swelled up, and we had to make it a short visit.
Speaking of cats, Trisha fosters them until they are old enough to be adopted. She got a new batch of four kittens shortly after we left her house. My mom and I stopped by on our way home the next day. I pretty much fell in love with this one. Her name is "Maisy", if anyone is looking to adopt. They are ready in 3 weeks.
You've probably all heard the saying that you can choose your friends but not your family. Well, I consider myself quite lucky that I got the family I did. I'm also glad that they live close enough for me to visit. I need to do it more often.
This was a low-key visit, with a stop to visit Sara and my adorable niece Makayla.
A quick trip to Wheeler Historic Farm for an afternoon of petting animals, rock throwing, and feeding of ducks.
Wheeler Farm is a pretty neat place. If it had been a warmer day, I would have liked to stay longer and explore the grounds. I highly recommend a visit. It's mostly free, has a playground, large fields to run around in, and animals galore.
We also stopped by to see Trisha, after she got off work. Unfortunately, due to much animal petting and a general allergy to cats, my niece Sabrina's eyes swelled up, and we had to make it a short visit.
Speaking of cats, Trisha fosters them until they are old enough to be adopted. She got a new batch of four kittens shortly after we left her house. My mom and I stopped by on our way home the next day. I pretty much fell in love with this one. Her name is "Maisy", if anyone is looking to adopt. They are ready in 3 weeks.
You've probably all heard the saying that you can choose your friends but not your family. Well, I consider myself quite lucky that I got the family I did. I'm also glad that they live close enough for me to visit. I need to do it more often.




Comments