Our next destination was the Oregon Coast. A couple that Brian and I work with, offered to let us stay at their beach house in Bandon. I loved staying here. The house had several large windows that let in the light and warmth. Since it was extremely windy and cold while we were there, the warmth was much appreciated. Also, the space! After being in a car for many hours, it was lovely to stretch out and each have a place to lounge. So much nicer than a hotel room! Oh, and take a look at the view we had.
Although there was a private beach at the house, you needed to cross a river to access it, so we spent most of our beach days elsewhere. Our first day, we went to the beach at Face Rock State Scenic Viewpoint.
The wind! It was so strong that the locals were even talking about it. This was not quite the beach frolicking I had in mind. Lol.
Still the ocean and the sea stacks were as I hoped.
We warmed ourselves up at Bandon Coffee Cafe. Their breakfast bagel sandwiches were recommended to us and they were delicious. I'm drooling a bit, just thinking of mine. After touring the small town shops and eating lunch, we decided to head south, along the coast, to Port Orford.
Like I said, it was a cold, windy day and the weather was not cooperating with our desire to be outside. We ended up at a State Park that was "closing" in about an hour. So, we took a quick hike along one of the trails to various viewpoints. I was so busy wishing I was somewhere else, that I failed to enjoy this hike. Which was too bad because it really was a beautiful place.
The only picture I took on the hike was of this unusual tree.
After that "miserable" (but not really miserable) hike, we decided to visit the Cape Blanco Lighthouse. The drive to the lighthouse was so pretty. Lots of flowers and rolling hills with the evening light shinning just so. I was getting very excited to see the lighthouse. Wait, what's this? Fog? Wow, that came in quick! By the time we got to the lighthouse entrance, the fog was so thick we couldn't even see the coast or the lighthouse. Not that it mattered, the lighthouse entrance was closed for the day. Sigh. After cursing the wind and the fog, we headed back to the house and hoped the next day's weather was more cooperative.
Although there was a private beach at the house, you needed to cross a river to access it, so we spent most of our beach days elsewhere. Our first day, we went to the beach at Face Rock State Scenic Viewpoint.
The wind! It was so strong that the locals were even talking about it. This was not quite the beach frolicking I had in mind. Lol.
Still the ocean and the sea stacks were as I hoped.
We warmed ourselves up at Bandon Coffee Cafe. Their breakfast bagel sandwiches were recommended to us and they were delicious. I'm drooling a bit, just thinking of mine. After touring the small town shops and eating lunch, we decided to head south, along the coast, to Port Orford.
Like I said, it was a cold, windy day and the weather was not cooperating with our desire to be outside. We ended up at a State Park that was "closing" in about an hour. So, we took a quick hike along one of the trails to various viewpoints. I was so busy wishing I was somewhere else, that I failed to enjoy this hike. Which was too bad because it really was a beautiful place.
The only picture I took on the hike was of this unusual tree.
After that "miserable" (but not really miserable) hike, we decided to visit the Cape Blanco Lighthouse. The drive to the lighthouse was so pretty. Lots of flowers and rolling hills with the evening light shinning just so. I was getting very excited to see the lighthouse. Wait, what's this? Fog? Wow, that came in quick! By the time we got to the lighthouse entrance, the fog was so thick we couldn't even see the coast or the lighthouse. Not that it mattered, the lighthouse entrance was closed for the day. Sigh. After cursing the wind and the fog, we headed back to the house and hoped the next day's weather was more cooperative.





Comments